The E-Series delivers industry-leading density and power efficiency for the smallest storage footprint with up to 3X the capacity in the same space as a typical array while consuming up to 85% less power and cooling when idle. A fault tolerant and highly reliable architecture ensures enterprise-class data protection. Innovative ease-of-use functionality makes deploying and managing storage a simple task for the resource constrained IT administrator. It comes pre-configured and is up and running in 10 minutes or less with intuitive wizards – no professional services required.
The E-Series is highly flexible supporting multiple drive types and protocols for administrators needing a single system to support varying workloads. SATA/SAS/SSD can be tiered together to support both capacity and performance driven applications. I/O ports include dual port 8Gb FC, or dual port 10Gb iSCSI, or dual port 24Gb SASX4; coupled with two 1Gb iSCSI ports. With dual raid engines per controller, the E-Series delivers blazing wire-speed read/write throughput and high IOPS. The active/active dual controller configuration provides twice the I/O ports and increases system performance.
Offering superior reliability, the E-Series meets and exceeds the most stringent demands with a top-tier mechanical design that removes heat and vibration from the chassis via Cool Drive Technology™ and vibration dampening. Nexsan’s Active Drawer Technology™ is an industry-first, making extreme density easily and quickly serviced by one person - simply pull out a drawer of drives, and the system remains online! In addition, extensive drive stress testing qualifies reliability on all E-Series system before shipment.
- 180TB in 4U (E60), 144TB in 4U (E48) or 54TB in 2U (E18)
- Active Drawer Technology™ for uninterrupted I/O during maintenance
- Combine SAS, SATA and SSD in the same system
- Save up to 85% on energy with built-in AutoMAID® technology
- Cool Drive Technology™ maximizes airflow
- Vibration dampening design maximizes disk reliability
- Future-Proof design enables upgrade of IO port types
- Expand with up to 60 additional drives with E18X and E60X
- Optional 10Gbit iSCSI replaces 8Gb Fibre Channel ports
- Fault tolerant with hot-swappable, active components