High Density SAN Storage System
Nexsan's Beast family, containing SATABeast® and SASBeast®, is a FC and iSCSI SAN storage system ideal for applications requiring high capacity in a minimal amount of rack space. With a storage density of 84TB of SATA offered through 42 drive bays, the disk array delivers a small 4U footprint and is ideal for secondary storage applications like backup-to-disk and bulk storage where reliability, ease-of-use and energy efficiency are paramount. By utilizing SAS, the Beast can deliver 25.2TB in 4U optimized for Exchange, databases, virtual server environments and more that demand high random IOPS. Mix SATA/SAS/SSD in the same Beast chassis to accomodate varying workloads.
The Beast's combination of high density and cost-effectiveness delivers outstanding storage value in a scalable, capacity-optimized solution, making it the smart choice for mid-sized businesses and the mid-tier of the enterprise. The Beast offers a low entry point but is also highly scalable. The Beast is a great choice for general purpose data storage needs when the higher performance and additional features of the Nexsan E-Series are not required.
As with all Nexsan solutions, the Beast disk array is built for enterprise-class applications, providing full redundancy and high performance. It is very easy to install and use. The Beast family includes Nexsan's proprietary AutoMAID® energy-saving technology for up to 60% power savings during periods of inactivity like after business hours, weekends or between backup windows.
- 42-drive RAID storage system in only 4U
- 82TB total capacity with SATA drives
- 25.2TB total capacity with SAS drives
- Scales up to 102 disks with add-on expansion chassis
- AutoMAID® level 3 technology saves up to 60% in energy costs
- Includes both FC and iSCSI interfaces
- Combine SAS, SATA and SSD disks in the same system
- Single or dual redundant controllers
- Anti-vibration design maximizes drive reliability
- Horizontal mid-plane maximizes airflow
- Fully redundant, hot-swappable active components